A little bit about us, weird times edition.
First off, we are all healthy and hope that everyone reading this is too. Right now the global health of citizens around the world is at the forefront of thoughts. San Francisco was one of the first cities in the US to implore, shelter-in-place, it's still a weird reality, but one that is essential. That being said, it's clear that the road ahead is long and will require the cooperation of everyone. It is a tremendous opportunity to find commonality with all of humanity and hunker down and maybe bake some bread.
The internet has a magical way of allowing everyone the ability to craft a specific image of what they want to say, show and share. Ornot is 7 years old and has achieved relative success simply because 100’s of thousands of people all over the world now playfully use our name in conversation, Ornot. This is amazing and might lead you to believe that we're quite a large company with an HR department, management, and interns, which couldn't be farther from the truth. Ornot is run by a team of three people! We do rely on some outside help for shipping, accounting, taxes, the boring stuff... But otherwise, three people design, produce, innovate, vacuum, email, and engage with our community. It’s a hustle but we love every second of it.
Matt - Chief Bike Rider and Founder (Seen here surfing the top tube at Cyclocross Nationals, Single Speed Race, which was a huge party.)
Justin - Production Wrangler, Product Developer, Coffee Master. (seen here at Lost and Found, 2019, which also happened to be #newbikeday on his Santa Cruz Stigmata)
New For 2020
We have been updating our site with new products for 2020. Go check them out here ( Men's | Women's ) - We're also having a Sale on Winter and Spring items. Our warehouse is still shipping daily while following protocols from the CDC and WHO to keep workers and shipments safe.
Below are a few businesses you may want to support, Ornot.
- Bobo's (Oat bars, but like never before)
- Wholesome Bakery (Vegan, gluten Free, low Glycemic, and good)
- Outershell (Bags for your bike, for big trips - Made in SF)
- Baggu (Bags not for your bike)
- Taylor Stitch (Classic Men's Clothing)
- The Coffee Movement (Amazing coffee right around the corner from our showroom / Beans available online too)
- Mission Workshop (Bags and clothing - have you seen our collab hip packs?)
- Dirty Girl Produce (Bay Area Produce boxes)
- Dynaplug (Plugs! For #flattimesatridgemonthigh)
- Topo Designs (Clothing and Gear for the outdoors)
- Swift Industries (Bags? Is there a theme here? More bags for your bike!)
- Box Dog Bikes (Support your local bike shops, they're probably still open in some capacity)
- Peak Design (Bags and camera gear, their clips are magic)
- Sunski (Socially responsible sunglasses)
- Matador (Bags! But these all pack down into tiny little bags)
- Equator Coffee (If you've ever had coffee at our showroom, it was most likely Equator)
- Rickshaw Bagworks (Bet you didn't see that coming, more bags! These fine people also make our Handlebar Bags for us)
Most Importantly - Wash your hands and Surfaces. Stay at least 6' from others, and stay at home (except for cautious solo rides). You can do this.
This virus can live in the air via gross spit particles for hours and can live on surfaces for an undetermined amount of time. It spreads from person to person before they show symptoms. Assume everyone you see has it, and stay away. Just in case you didn't know.
That's it. Thanks for making it this far. From California with love -